Research and Innovation Development Programme for Final Year Students
Why not take this fully funded, (i.e. no cost to you), opportunity to further develop your CV and enhance your employability skills and career prospects?
Interested? – Please read on!
The Faculty of Health & Wellbeing
Research and Innovation Award
The 5 day programme runs: 18th– 22rd June 2018
Application Deadline: 27th April 2018, 12pm
Research and innovation are recognised as key employability skills
The Faculty of Health & Wellbeing is now offering a fully funded health and wellbeing focused research and innovation development programme which will develop your skills in a way that will be recognised by prospective employers.
This is an opportunity for you to work alongside and learn from peers and academics from across the HWB faculty. We have a limited number of places offered to applicants from all subject areas: social work and social care; sport and physical activity; nursing and midwifery; biosciences and chemistry; and allied health professions.
This is a five day programme and you will be expected to attend all 5 days. It has been developed in partnership with Medipex, a health and wellbeing innovation hub who work with private organisations and the NHS across the Yorkshire & Humber and East Midlands regions. Medipex are experts in connecting the NHS with industry and academia (take a look at their website at http://www.medipex.co.uk/)
Over the five days, you will be able to:
- learn from guest speakers who have key research and innovation roles
- explore the innovation development process as well as related research and evaluation methodologies
- work in a team with your peers from across the Faculty
- undertake personal and group concept development activities
- develop a short business case and pitch in front of a panel of ‘dragons’
The programme will provide you with an opportunity to:
- meet with, talk to, learn from and share experiences with a diverse mix of students from across the Faculty.
- get a first-hand insight into real life health and wellbeing research and innovation, challenges and strategies to overcome these.
- gain a greater knowledge of health and wellbeing research methods, innovation concepts, routes to market, and how to pitch your idea.
- develop self-awareness / efficacy, build vision and confidence.
- enhance your graduate employability and life skills.
Upon successful completion of this programme you will receive your Faculty of Health & Wellbeing Research and Innovation Certificate, and the Faculty of Health & Wellbeing Research and Innovation Award which will be acknowledged at your Graduation Ceremony.
Some comments from last year’s participants…
Brilliant! Overall learned loads of new things met loads of wonderful people and really have become inspired!
Brilliant course, can’t recommend it highly enough
I have thoroughly enjoyed the course; it’s been enlightening to say the least!
There are ONLY 25 places available on the Programme. By applying you are confirming your commitment to the course, and that you can attend all 5 days.
The selection process is by an online application (link below).
Successful applicants will be selected on the basis of the quality and content of their online application.
Successful applicants will be notified by 11th May 2018.
All successful students will be excused from their timetabled sessions or placement for the duration of the programme and where appropriate, alternative arrangements may be made.
Please note, we will be evaluating this programme and that your participation includes consenting to being involved in any evaluation activity. Any data collected may be used as part of an impact evaluation and data may be used for the purpose of publication. No identifying information will be used
For more details please contact;