Click here, for further information
The Midlands Graduate School is an accredited Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Doctoral Training Partnership (DTP). One of 14 such partnerships in the UK, the Midlands Graduate School is a collaboration between Aston University, University of Birmingham, University of Leicester, Loughborough University, University of Nottingham and the University of Warwick.
The Partnership is looking to recruit top quality social science doctoral students to commence study in October 2019 across a range of subjects and interdisciplinary training pathways. Our ESRC studentships – covering fees, maintenance stipend (subject to eligibility), and support for innovative research training – provide exceptional opportunities for high-achieving and motivated individuals, including opportunities for collaboration.
The MGS offers 17 different training pathways that span the following social science disciplines:
- Applied Linguistics
- Area Studies
- Communication & Media
- Economic & Social History
- Health & Wellbeing and Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Human Geography
- Interdisciplinary Methodologies and Digital Society
- Management & Business Studies and Finance
- Museum Studies
- Political Science & International Relations
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Socio-Legal Studies
- Sport & Exercise Science
Types of awards:
Studentships are available as +3 year (PhD), +3.5 year (PhD requiring 2 ESRC research skill modules) or 4 year (1+3 – Masters leading directly to a PhD) award. All studentships are also available on a full- or part-time basis.
How to apply:
- Choose a Pathway and University – Before applying you will need to decide which of the available training pathways is most suitable for you, and which University you would like to study at. Not all Universities offer all pathways.
- Apply for admission to your chosen University – Apply for the relevant research degree at your chosen university by completing an online application for PhD admission.
- Complete an Application for an ESRC studentship – There are several elements to the application process which also require academic staff input, and applicants should allow plenty of time to assemble all the information required.
Full details on how to apply for funding are available here: www.mgsdtp.ac.uk/studentships/howtoapply/
The closing date for studentship applications is Tuesday 22nd January 2019